Monday, June 19, 2006

Something nasty

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you might already know that Monday night is when I'm supposed to put out the garbage. Tonight, that presents a little bit of a problem.

You see, last Monday night I forgot about garbage day, but my neighbor (who's been using my garbage can because I have extra room and she doesn't have enough garbage to justify paying for the service) didn't forget. So her trash has been fermenting in the sun for a week now. (In fact, I haven't looked in the can, but she looked kind of disgusted when she came back the other day to drop off this week's trash.)

It gets worse. The lid to my garbage can has been broken for several weeks, and I've had to fidget with it to get it on the can straight. Week before last, when I did remember to take the garbage to the curb, the dang trashman must have tossed the broken lid into the back of his truck. All I know is my can has no lid at all now.

And it's pouring down rain, filling all the empty spaces around my neighbor's garbage, and I'm stuck inside with two big bags of my own. We really need the rain, but I'm hoping it will let up soon so I can go out before dark and dump the putrid garbage-tainted rain out of the can to make room for my own trash.

Yuck.

Edited at 7:30 p.m. to add: Never mind. It wasn't as bad as I expected. Sorry about the whining. Signed, Wuss Lady.

3 comments:

  1. garbage or trash is a pain and cost a lot of money to get rid of. our parents didn't have all these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw tht was a bad one. Glad you managed to sort it out in the end. Our trash is just as bad we have three huge bins and three different collect days, or rather weeks. One for household use, one for recycling plastic/paper, one for garden waste (which we have to use), even though we have a large garden and I like to make our own compost. Its so easy to get the days mixed up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.