Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On pins and needles

The polls are beginning to close in the eastern part of the United States, and the numbers are beginning to come in. I can't wait.

This presidential campaign has been the longest I can remember. I was beginning to think it would never end, and, just when I thought I couldn't stand another day of campaign ads, the big day arrived.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can possibly leave the television long enough to cook dinner and take the garbage out to the road. I understand intellectually that my temporary absence won't change the vote tallies, but the early numbers show the vote to be very close, and I don't want to miss the moment when one candidate (my candidate) starts to pull ahead of the other.

I hope I can stay awake until that happens. And if it doesn't happen? Then I'll freeze the meatloaf left over from tonight and dine on crow tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I've rented a bunch of movies so I won't have to watch.

    Although...the prop 8 really has my attention. I took down all ads on my sites because I realized the Yes folks had google ads there! But not before I clicked a few times to cost them some money! LOL!

    Have a good night Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being the generous person that I am, I'll loan you a couple of teenagers, that will take your mind off the election ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you broken out the champagne?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CreekHiker, it's been driving me crazy, but I wouldn't have missed a minute of it.

    Maxngabbie, you are generous indeed, but as the saying goes, I've "been there, done that." Keep the teenagers with my blessing.

    Janet, I don't have champagne, but it felt great to finally exhale.

    Mike, that says it all.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.