Sunday, November 02, 2008

If I hadn't promised...

...to post something every day this month, I wouldn't be writing this. It's almost time for bed, and I can't wait to get there.

As much as I love getting the extra hour of sleep when Daylight Saving Time ends, the earlier darkness always makes me want to go to bed early. I'd be there now if it wasn't for one load of laundry still in the dryer and the need to write this (feeble) post.

This morning I had big plans for the day, a whole list of things I wanted to do. Of the few items I checked off the list, only one was important to me: to cut my hair.

I've cut my own hair for about the last ten years, mostly because it's faster to do it myself than to go to the hairdresser, plus I wear it in such a simple style that it doesn't take a lot of expertise to do it. That being said, I'm not as good at it as I used to be. This time I got it a little too short, and every time I've passed in front of a mirror today, I've spotted another little strand of hair that's needed to be trimmed a quarter of an inch.

The good news is that I don't much care. A little touch-up with the curling iron before work tomorrow is all it'll need to pass as grooming, and these days that's all I'm after. It just needs to look like I made the effort.

Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I would say about this particular blog post.

Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Good Job! I was getting worried about you when I realized how late it was back there!

    I go through spurts of cutting my own hair and then realizng I really need "someone" to do the back. I do my own color though. That's just too freaking expensive!

    Glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your dedication!

    I cut my bangs in between salon trims because they drive me nuts when they get in my eyes. That's when I know it's time for a trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you ar posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creekhiker, cutting the back is the hardest part. When I'm using two mirrors to see the back of my head, it's hard to figure out which way I need to move the scissors.

    Janet, I use the "drive me nuts" method, too. That's when I know it's time for a haircut.

    Patsy, thanks. You blog every day and don't complain about it, so I don't know why it's such a big deal for me to get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.