Saturday, March 02, 2013

Where's the Story?

I've been struggling all week with the homework assignment for my second Life Writing Class. The topic is "The Golden Years," a subject so broad that I can't seem to settle on an angle for my essay. According to the assignment notes, the "golden years" begin at age 65. That means I've been writing about my golden years right here for the past five years, telling about them post-by-post as I've lived them. How can I choose a narrow slice of those day-to-day experiences? How can I think about them in a fresh way, then pack them into a short summary to be read aloud in class?

I'll figure it out; I know I will. But with only about 48 hours left to complete it, I need to start today.

In the meantime, I hope you'll like this week's Saturday Song Selection. It's a moody piece about another autobiographical writer, one whose life and writing were far more interesting than my own. That being said, I wouldn't trade my life for hers.


The song is "Sylvia Plath" by Ryan Adams.
Click here for the lyrics.
Thanks to krzyIrish69 for posting this video on YouTube.

1 comment:

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.