Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Longest Stretch

Today marks the end of two straight months in which I've posted something here at Velvet Sacks every single day. That's a new record for me, something I haven't even attempted before in the seven years I've been blogging. I'm mentioning it now so you'll understand my frustration upon coming home from a class today and discovering that I had no Internet service. It would have been a bummer to get this close and not be able to post on the last day of the second month.

I did all the rebooting, unplugging and reconnecting the router--everything I know to do--several times over, then called the service provider. Their recorded message on two different numbers was, "This number is temporarily unavailable." I figured that if they were getting so many calls that their phone lines were jammed, they were having a worse day than I was. I decided to leave them alone and give them a chance to solve the problem.

Up until that point my day had been a nice one, so I tried not to let myself get antsy over a lost Internet connection. People, that was hard! As difficult as it was for me to relax until service was restored, one would think this computer is a life-support system. Can I not breathe until I've checked email? Will my heart not pump until I've seen the latest Facebook newsfeed?

Anyway, it's back. Everything is okay now. That being said, it was nearly my bedtime when service was restored. As much as I'd like to write something significant today to mark the consistent-blogging milestone, I'm too sleepy now to do it. Instead, I'll offer you a photo of my first gardenia of 2013:


Bless it's eager little heart. I found it when I took the dogs out early this morning. Normally I'd be cheered by the first gardenia, but our weather has been so crazy this year--even this week--that my first thought was, "Aw, that poor little flower doesn't know it's committing suicide." I wish it luck--and warmer temperatures than the weatherman has predicted.

Good night, folks. I'll see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to post something every day, too, to jump-start my interest. So far, three days, and I have blogged ahead for a couple more days. I haven't set a time limit because it would probably be like having a job, and deadline. But, so far so good.

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.