Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drive-by Autumn

Yes, Virginia, there is an autumn, but in Louisiana you have to look harder for it. You'll find one tree on this road, another on that one, and maybe, if you drive a few miles farther north, you'll even spot a whole cluster of trees with red-orange leaves.

I drive around this area in search of autumn leaves every year about this time, and the pickings are almost always  slim. After taking some disappointing shots yesterday, today I resorted to looking through old photo files for patches of boldly colored nature. By zooming in  on previous years' largely green photos, then cropping the hell out of them, I've put together a small collection entitled "Seeing Autumn in Your Shorts and Sandals." Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. We get gypped on autumn here too. It seems to come around Christmas week when I look up and suddenly feel like all the trees decorated themselves! It last about a minute until a strong breeze takes them all away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say I'm looking at leaves while wearing shorts & sandals, but it's turned cold. And the leaves are pretty except for people who let the leaves accumulate on the sidewalks so you slip-n-slide when walking. Bah, humbug! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I hadn't thought of it before, but I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Los Angeles area trees that were any color but green.

    Janet, I understand the bah-humbug. There are no trees in my backyard, but tons of leaves from the neighbors' trees blow into my yard, and my dogs drag them in every time they come inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now velvet, don't be going and joining a riot.
    Hide!
    my father was in a food riot in KC MO. in the 30's. he told me when a crowd starts moving you have to go with it or get stomped. me and you would get stomped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. That and getting arrested. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.