Friday, April 21, 2006

Reincarnation?

My granddaughter said something really funny when she was little, but I've been hesitant to write about it because I didn't want to even peripherally perpetuate a stereotype. But it was funny, no hidden meaning was intended, and Mike broke the ice on his hilarious blog, so I'm gonna go for it.

I was taking my granddaughter to my house for the weekend. She was three years old, strapped in her carseat in the back of my car, and we were stopped at the drive-thru window of a Popeye's fried chicken restaurant. The Popeye's lady took our order and closed her window, and my granddaughter piped up, "I used to wook daow."

"You did?" I asked. "You used to work there?"

"Mmm-hmm," she said matter-of-factly. "Dat's when I was black."

4 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is Michael Jackson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Mike. She could be, I suppose, but I don't think so "because she's mine...the doggone girl is mine...don't waste your time...because the doggone girl is mine."

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.