Monday, July 03, 2006

'Scuse me, Oprah, do you have a minute?

Oprah...may I call you Oprah? Ms. Winfrey? Okay, well, I'm off work today, and it seems like a good time to mention something that perhaps no one else has called to your attention. You see, I love your show, but I work full time, so I only get to watch it on holidays. What I've noticed many times in the past--and again today--is that most of the time when I watch your show on a holiday, it's a show I've already seen...on an earlier holiday.

Now, I realize you like to take trips to Africa and make enormous contributions to the children of the world, and that's a wonderful thing. (God knows I don't do enough of that kind of thing myself.) I know you need a vacation every now and then, too, and I'd be the first to say you deserve it. I'm just mentioning these things to show you that I do understand there'll be times when you have to show reruns. I get that.

My question is, since I'm only off work about 12 weekdays each year, and you must have at least a hundred new shows during that same year, do you think you could talk to your staff and ask them to shuffle the reruns a little better? Like, make sure there are enough reruns to cover all the holidays without repeating?

Sorry to bother you with this, but considering some of the things I've seen you accomplish, I'm sure you could fix this with a snap of your fingers. I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks for your time.

6 comments:

  1. ROTFLMAO! You could always read one of Oprah's Book Club choices or if you've already read them, read them again! A rerun so to speak! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it has to do with your local station, maybe I'm wrong, but I know what you're talking about, very frustrating! Don't ya love her though? Very cool lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never watch Oprah she is like cotton candy sweet but no substance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, Noel. I wonder how many people would buy the books twice if Oprah would rerun her book selection shows.

    Sandy, the Oprah people pick the reruns. I did a Google search for Oprah show archives and found that today's show, "The Gorgeous Men of Decorating," first ran in February of 2004. (Not that it's a hardship to look at Carter Oosterhouse or Andrew Dan-Jumbo an extra time or two.)

    Patsy, are we talking about the same Oprah??? I see LOTS of substance there...but then I like cotton candy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velvet...she may be trying to tell you something...like...go watch the
    peacocks or read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, that show must have been one of the many I've never seen, thank goodness. I like the shows about social issues.

    SS3, you might be right, although I read all the time--even during commercials if I'm watching TV. Haven't seen the peacocks for a while now, but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.