Monday, March 06, 2006

Here's a hint: It's your birthday!!

Tomorrow is my younger daughter's birthday. She's as sweet a person as you'll ever hope to meet, and I feel soooo lucky to have her in my life.

Here's just one example of the way she's always been able to make me laugh:

When my two girls were five and three, my mother took them shopping to buy me a gift. I got home from work that day and found them so excited they were about to burst. As if to convince themselves, they kept repeating that they couldn't tell me what was in the package, that I'd just have to wait until the next day to open it. And then there was this:

5-year-old: "I'm gonna give you one hint: It's something for your office."

Me: "Ooooh, goooood, now don't tell me anything else, 'cause I want to be surprised."

3-year-old (dancing around in a frenzy): "Well, she got to give you one hint, so I'm gonna give you one hint, too: When you look at it, you're gonna know what time it is."

Happy birthday, Sweetheart. I love you sooooo much!

2 comments:

  1. I know how precious the memories of our babies are. sometimes they bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made it back home from Dallas safe and sound. Loved the floor photos and check list for doggie needs. Looks like it would work great for our pups and situation - putting down tiles in a round house would be much easier than many other things! We could just start in the middle and work to the edges.
    Carmon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.