Saturday, February 04, 2006

R.I.P.

My younger daughter told me on the phone the other night that she had hit a dog. She said she didn’t even see the little beagle until it stepped into the path of her car, and after she hit it, it kept on running and she couldn’t tell where it went. She’s been worried about it ever since. The damage to her car was substantial for the size of the dog and she figured the dog must have been injured. She’s an animal lover (like the rest of our family) so I understood her distress.

Last night she told me she had asked her husband to drive down that road and see if he could find any sign of the poor dog. He came home a little later and told her, "No, I didn’t see any dead dogs." After a brief pause, he continued: "But there was a little cross beside the road with some dog toys under it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.