Sunday, February 26, 2006

Goodnightus interruptus

Yesterday’s post about disrupted sleep reminded me of something that happened more than once when I was married to my second (and last) husband. I would be sound asleep, then somewhere in the deepest recesses of my mind, I’d hear him calling me. It would go something like this:

Hus2 (whispering): “Baby!...Baby?”

I wouldn't answer immediately as my foggy brain tried to sort out whether or not I was dreaming. So he’d start again:

Hus2 (a little louder and accompanied by a nudge): “Baby!”

Me: “Hummmmph. What?”

Hus2: “Are you awake?”

Me (wide awake and alert now): “Yes, why?”

Hus2: “I wonder what woke us up.”

1 comment:

  1. velvet sacks: I was glad to know you read my blog even if you agree or not with what i said doesn't matter. i live 100 miles south of Springfield mo. It is a great city.Since you are 63 i suppose you remember THE OZARK JULIBEE.AS FOR HUSBAND NO. 2 WAKING YOU, I NEVER HAD BUT ONE AND HE IS GONE AND I DON"T WANT ANOTHER. esp. if they wake you to see if you are asleep. patsy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.