Saturday, August 04, 2012

What I've Been Reading: A Big Bag of Books

My stepsister, Donna, brought me a bagful of books on her recent visit, and I've been working my way through them, starting with several that were written by Dorothea Benton Frank. I haven't checked yet to see if all of Ms. Franks' books are set in or near Charleston, South Carolina, but the ones I've been reading have all taken place in that area. One thing I am particularly enjoying about these books is that, although the stories are all different, characters from one book sometimes make a brief appearance in a later one. That lends credence to the stories, since it might be expected that people living in the same area would bump into one another occasionally.

I dug into the bag of books at the first opportunity, reading a few pages at bedtime while Donna and her hubby were still here. Here's what I've read so far:

Plantation




Return to Sullivans Island




Isle of Palms




Shem Creek 




For a description and reviews of any of these books,
click on its image above.

If you like books that leave you with warm, fuzzy, family feelings, you'll like these.

By the way, Donna brought the books in a big, brown paper bag, but she also brought me a large, reversible book bag that she'd sewn herself:


Beautiful, don't you think?

1 comment:

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.