Saturday, March 29, 2008

See any similarities?

My sister forwarded an email to me that included a group of photos of her youngest granddaughter. The pictures cracked me up. They were taken by the toddler's mom (my niece), who had captioned them "THE EGG DYE TABLETS ARE NOT CANDY." Here's a sample:


It's obvious that the "attitude" gene is alive and well in our family. I'm not a bit surprised. The boy babies may not have been as severely afflicted, but I can't think of a single girl child in this family who wouldn't have been able to cock her head and roll her eyes in the hospital nursery if things hadn't gone to suit her.

One photo in particular gave me immense pleasure and sparked a little photo-editing project. First, I took the picture of my sister's grandbaby and turned it from color to black and white. Then I went digging through my files and found a snapshot of my sister, one that was taken about 1949. I blew it up, cropped it, "sprayed" a little "digital egg dye" around the mouth, and placed it side-by-side with the photo of her grandchild.


Voila!



My sister's the one on the right. The apple didn't fall far from the tree in this case, did it?

9 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Velvet! I hope she's still speaking to you! What little drama queens! (I fall in the "takes one to know one variety!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kid, she'll avoid the green M&Ms from now on, and wonder why. That's a pity because the green ones taste best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmon, I haven't met the little egg-dye eater in person yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

    CreekHiker, I couldn't wait for my sister to see the side-by-side photos, so I called her and told her to take a look. She said she'd already thought about that baby picture of herself as soon as she saw the one of her grand- daughter.

    Janet, I hadn't thought about that, but you might be right. I know I quit eating the green Lifesavers for a long time after I choked on a green one.

    Duly Inspired, they do look alike, don't they? Makes me want to pinch all four of those chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top photo is too funny, I've got women like that in my household. Bottom photo, priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally neat. I bet there are some photos of you with that same look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maxngabbie, I think the power of a perfectly pitched tantrum is one of the first things girls learn.

    4th Sister, yep, separated at birth -- and by just a few decades.

    Sister-Three, I've never seen a picture of me with that particular look, but it's possible there is one. Now that I think about it, I'm sure I made that face just last week, so if anybody nearby had a camera...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.