Monday, January 30, 2006

Velvet Sax?

I've told a few special people that I've started a blog, and not one of them has understood clearly what I was saying when I told them the name of it. To me, the name represents soft little bags to hold memories (OK, kind of cheesy), but what everyone seems to be hearing is "Velvet Sax." I have to admit, that creates a more alluring mental image. "Velvet Sax" makes me see right into a dark room in an old brick apartment building, where a man is silhouetted in the open window, curtains blowing, the black bars of a fire escape visible against the flashing reds and blues of neon lights behind him, as he blows sweet, "velvet" notes on his saxophone. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.