Saturday, November 02, 2013

Peaceful Days and Changing Times

What a gorgeous day! Sunshine, mild temperature, gentle breeze--all the things I love about our southern autumn, which typically lasts only about three weeks.

Kim's been living here a full week today, a very pleasant week, in fact. Kelli left here minutes ago after a fun visit that lasted just long enough to remind me again what a sweetheart she is. The four dogs played in the backyard for about an hour; now they're back indoors and each one is sacked out on the horizontal surface of his/her choice.

Tonight we get our extra hour back, the hour we lost in March when we sprang forward for Daylight Saving Time. I don't know what you'll do with your extra hour, but I plan to sleep through mine. If I get lucky, there'll be sweet dreams during that extra sixty minutes of sleep, and I do enjoy waking up with fun dream images still fresh in my mind.

It would be easy on a peaceful day like today to forget about government upheavals, international espionage, airport shootings, and hateful political propaganda spread by otherwise nice people on Facebook. Maybe I'll just put all those discouraging things out of my head for a day and focus on the good things of life.

Today's Saturday Song Selection is a ridiculously obvious choice, but I'm feeling like doing everything the easy way today. Besides, it's a great song and still relevant after fifty years. I wonder if Bob Dylan had any idea that the times would be a-changin' as slowly as they have.




The song is "The Times They Are A-Changin'," by Bob Dylan.
Thanks to comoassimvelho for posting this video on YouTube.
Click here to read the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.