Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bird's eye view

Earlier this week Kim came in carrying a package she'd found by my front door. It turned out to be a gift from my Aunt Shirley, youngest of my dad's siblings, and it was a book created by her son, my first-cousin, Jason.

I've never met Jason, who is half my age and lives more than 600 miles away. He's a helicopter pilot and a talented photographer, and his book of aerial photographs took me on a happy journey to places very near Springfield, Missouri, the town I still consider home.

This afternoon I've spent some time browsing beautiful photos on Jason's website, ozarksaerialphotography.com. Now I'm really homesick.

3 comments:

  1. I like the splash in the water! He takes good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of the child holding a flower. He's an amazing photographer...he has a different way of seeing an object or person. He also knows when to use black and white. It must be so nice to have such a talented person for a relative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I though I left a comment when you first posted this. Maybe a little bird flew off with it? I loved looking through those photos, how wonderful the photography. Also? It's nice to look at our world in different perspective. Thanks for that reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.