Sunday, August 17, 2008

Anal Sac Saga: The Final Chapter

Two weeks after Butch’s surgery, we went back to the vet to get his stitches out. Two weeks after that, this past Friday, we went for his final recheck. He’s doing great!

It feels good to me to know Butch isn’t in pain, and he undoubtedly appreciates feeling better, too. I’m sure he’d be even happier if I could communicate to him that the dreaded 45-minute car trips have ended for a while. On the other hand, he’s thoroughly enjoyed the social interaction with his friends at the vet’s office, so the miserable car rides might have been worth it.

When Butch’s veterinarian released him, she joked that she hopes she doesn’t have to see his butt again anytime soon. I know just how she feels. I’m grateful for the excellent medical care Butch received, grateful for the support and good wishes of his friends, online and off, and grateful that there’s a happy ending to this long tale tail.

7 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! Bless you for being such a good dog-mom. Here's hoping this is the end of his problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, nothing like having those doggies home, safe and sound and well! What would we do without our four legged friends? There would be a very large hole in my life without my Sam, so I can appreciate your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear Butchie's butt is all well! Many, many skritches to them both - Carmon

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for Butch and for you! it is so obvious how much you care for him, so we are even more glad it all worked out

    peace and blessings

    keepers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Hooray for Butch's bottom...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Velvet, So glad to hear about Butch.

    Thanks for your good wishes. I'm mending...very slowly. Sitting still makes me want to scream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about Butch last night but haven't been around in a while, I'm glad to know that he's much better!

    Might be worth taking him for a ride in the car that doesn't end with the vet's so he doesn't permanently associate car=vet=pain.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.