Friday, July 08, 2011

Friday Foto File

Every photo I take (and I take lots of them) has the potential to show up on this blog, but sometimes I end up with pictures that don't fit in with any particular post. In the interest of sharing them with you, not to mention maintaining more of a presence online, I've decided to post a random photo at least once a week. Some of these will be new, some will have sat on my computer for a long time. I'll do my best not to repeat anything I've already posted, but if it happens, I apologize. I'm old; what can I say?

Here's one I know I haven't posted yet:


This beauty grows right on the other side of my back fence. I poked the camera lens through the fence to snap its unobstructed picture.

9 comments:

  1. I love cannas. They do so well in Southern humidity! Here, they sell them as "pond plants" because they will do better in the soaking wet pond than in our dry desert soil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, thanks for mentioning the name of this lily. I couldn't think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cannas, too! Beautiful color. We usually see red ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rotttrover, I kept wanting to call them calla lilies (shades of a young Katharine Hepburn!) and I knew that wasn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour! It's been a while since I've seen one of these...they don't grow well here!

    What a great idea it is to post a random photo once a week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marion, I'm so lucky that my neighbors have green thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Velvet, we all, sisters, love your blog....today is a new day....enjoy it.....get over this slump of the past....60 pounds lighter, look at all you have shed....plus it must have been about 600 pounds in x husbands...and came through it better than ever...I'm proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous flower! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4th Sister, thanks. You've done some shedding yourself in the past year, so I know you know what you're talking about.

    Janet, I do, too. It's SO vivid.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.