Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Foto File: Just a little squirt


I've gotten in the habit of sitting outside to eat my breakfast every morning, and the little squirt bottle above is one of the things that goes out with me. I also take my breakfast (of course, usually a  protein bar), a tall glass of ice water (that I must finish before I can go back in the house), a towel (in case there's still dew on the metal chair), the phone (so I'll hear it if it rings and also because it shows the time), my Kindle (or whatever book I'm reading), and Levi (Butch doesn't get up that early).

I never stay out there for more than half an hour, but it gets hot so early some days that a couple of well-placed squirts on my arms and legs can keep me cool until I've finished drinking the mandatory big glass of water. Not to mention that Levi adores having water squirted onto his tongue.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful way to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Somehow, in the crashing of my last computer and restoring things to my new one, I had lost you. Now, you're back on my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am sorry Velvet but on my tablet I had lost you too...I had to go to Patsy's blog to get caught up with you...love the new glasses....but your eye brows are white like mine...I have resorted to using a darker blond brow pencil and just draw them how I want them and then pull the bangs down...It works for me...I don't let any one get to close to my face but grand kids.....and if you have a dollar a six year old grand boy thinks you look great... The ring is precious...your dad was full of it but you got your writing skills from him.....you are a joy....God bless you...I so enjoy your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rottrover, it's a great way to start the day. Lets me ease into it gently instead of having it thrust upon me.

    Betty, glad to have you back. I like your blog because you almost always say what I'm thinking.

    4th Sister, I've missed your presence here, but I've kept up with you on your blog, so you weren't lost to me. My eyebrows always disappeared under the rim of my old glasses, but now I'll have to pay more attention to them. I think that brow pencil may be the answer. So nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your mornings are fun, now that you have Levi for entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, Levi can make playing with a stick look like the most fun ever.

    Holly, sweet's a good word for it. I've never been a morning person, but now that I don't have to use an alarm clock and start my day before I'm ready to, I've begun to enjoy those quiet early hours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.