Thursday, November 20, 2008

Might as well talk about the weather

Ho-hum. The weather here is cold. No, wait, it's hot. Or is it? I haven't been outside in two hours, so I have no idea.

The outside temperature has dropped below freezing in the past couple of days, but it's also been up in the 70s. To keep the temperature in my house at the most comfortable level, I first have to decide whether to turn on the heat or the air conditioning. At bedtime it's a big decision, because I have to project whether the house will get colder or warmer before morning.

During the day I'm dressing in layers, knowing that I like the office a little on the cool side but a couple of others like it toasty warm. It's easier to peel off a sweater than to sneak the thermostat back five degrees every couple of hours.

We're supposed to have a cold spell this weekend, but I'm not sure what that means. Below freezing again? Or just colder than 70 degrees? Is it possible for a cold front to move in overnight, followed by a warm front around lunchtime?

For all I know, the weather may have changed in the short time I've spent writing this post, but one thing didn't change in that time: the subject is just as boring at the end of this as it was at the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. I was debating a weather post myself! It's been blazing hot here and every time I put all my shorts away... I dig them right back out! As a compromise, I'm wearing cropped pants and a tank top to keep my body temp somewhat regulated. I wish it would make up it's mind and just be the same for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crisp 23 here this morning! Up here this time of year, we know it's 'put on the longjohns' season. Carmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 16 degrees outside right now. I don't want to hear about whether 70 is cool or warm.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.