Saturday, May 06, 2006

Honk if you love geeses

I just got off the phone with my sister. She and her husband have a beautiful home in East Texas. Their yard backs up to a lake, and when I've been there, I've enjoyed the peacefulness of sitting outside, watching the ducks swim by and an occasional fish jump out of the water. Don't let this idyllic setting fool you, though; nice as it is, it's not trouble-free.

While we were talking, my sister heard a rapping noise. She went to investigate and found a well-fattened goose pecking persistently on her back door, looking for a breadcrumb handout. She had to shoo him away three times while we talked. By the end of our conversation, she was thinking she might like him better roasted.

This wouldn't be so funny, except our mama raised city girls. I'm still laughing.

2 comments:

  1. tell your sister I have an ax and will travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would have been glad to see you, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.