Monday, October 30, 2006

Boo!

The last Halloween party I attended was in 1984, and finding a suitable costume was something of a challenge. For some reason I could never figure out, the man in my life (the magician I mentioned here) was hellbent on going to the party dressed as a priest. He'd made up his mind about that months before and wouldn't even consider any other costume.

I wanted to coordinate my costume with his, but I didn't want to go as a nun, the obvious choice. After thinking about it for a few days, I could only come up with one idea that might work. He agreed to it, we enlisted the aid of a friend, and all that was left to do was improvise our costumes.

We were a little concerned that our choice might offend someone at the church-sponsored party, but it turned out that they all had a good sense of humor. In fact, we won first prize.

Now, tell me what you think we were. (Hint: We were disorderly in this photo.)


And have a happy Halloween!

9 comments:

  1. Father, "Sun" and very holey ghost! Too funny Velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflower says. . . SUN! Very funny, trinity "light." MUCH better than a nun outfit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Holly. If there was a prize, you'd win it.

    Sunflower, it would have been too hard to dance in a nun costume.

    Patsy, son, sun, PUN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love clever costumes! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Nothing offensive there, you could have saved some worry. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Great idea and great costumes. I love it when people come up original costumes....had a friend who wears devil's horns and a blue dress (Devil with the blue dress on) and one who wears top and bottom white sweats, with trash taped and pinned all over her (white trash).

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Clever! Great costume and you make a lovely couple.
    Happy Halloween Velvet.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to comment, folks. I hope your Halloween was safe and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.