Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sweet and Loew

It's going to be a long day. My next-door neighbor is having a garage sale, and my dogs (in fact, all the neighborhood dogs) are having fits about the steady parade of unfamiliar cars and people. We are well warned about stranger danger this morning.

Given the way Levi and Gimpy have been pressing their noses against the storm door, the most relevant tune for this week's Saturday Song Selection might be "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window." Unfortunately, that one hasn't been a favorite since the year I was ten, so I'm going with a song I love instead. I bet you love this one, too.


Hope you have a great weekend, friends.

____________________________________________

The song is "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Thanks to k8tb52 for posting the video on YouTube.
Click here to read the lyrics.

3 comments:

  1. My partner is a garage sale junkie. She left to go back to her school office today to catch up on some work and ended up at a church garage sale, which she informs me, have the BEST sales. She bought a yoga mat and a little footstool. We need neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard this song in a long time... nice to remember with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, sometimes a bargain is just too good to pass up.

    Holly, when I hear this one, I can almost smell the southern dust in the air. Oh, wait! I think I left my door open. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.