Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Short Shorts

Today looks like it's going to be a busy one, so I'll scratch blogging off my to-do list as soon as I post these short items:

Senior Moment
The other day I thought all afternoon about what I could have for supper that wouldn't involve grocery shopping. By the time suppertime rolled around I had remembered a plastic container of chili in the freezer. I put it in the microwave to thaw, then fed the dogs and took them outside afterwards. Do you want to know where and when I remembered the chili? I was at Burger King, and the young man at the window had just handed me the white bag with a burger inside.

Sparrow Spa
We had storms again earlier this week, lots of wind and enough rain that there's still water standing in the back corner of my yard. I can't see the puddles from the patio, but I know they exist because I saw three birds bathing together in the grass there yesterday.

Self Recognition?
Levi was lying flat on his side while I cut his hair. When I needed him to turn over, I let him get up to stretch for a minute. Immediately upon standing he walked across the room and checked himself out in the door mirror, first facing it, then turning around and looking at it again over his shoulder. I swear. To avoid being accused of anthropomorphizing, I'll admit that his actions could have been entirely coincidental. But you know what I really think.

All Thumbs
I've told you here before that I text my daughters every morning just to check in. I don't remember whether or not I've told you that I never talk to them (or text them) without telling them that I love them. (My sister and I have always done that with our kids, maybe because it was so hard for our own mother to say those words and we both wanted so badly to hear them.) As I was clicking on the names of people to receive this morning's message, the phone slipped in my hand, and I accidentally checked more names than I meant to. I thought I'd made the necessary corrections, but apparently I wasn't thorough enough. I wonder what the people at the emergency veterinarian's office thought when they read these words: "I love you a thousand times more than you know."



4 comments:

  1. ROFL laughing! At least the vet knows you are thankful for their service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I hope that's what they think. I'd hate to find out next time I need them that they've taken out a restraining order against me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette (WMN), I sure didn't expect a comment from you while you're on vacation. I'm honored, but I have to ask: don't you have something better to do than read blogs? Like a luau to attend or a volcano to see? :)
    Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.