Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What I've Been Reading: Two Books by Nevada Barr

The last week and a half have been busy ones, what with making special meals for a sick dog (Butch), cleaning up after him (he had diarrhea), and entertaining a houseguest (Flat Stanley). At times like that, the best way I know to relax is to bury myself in a book for a little while, and I happened to have two books by a favorite author, Nevada Barr.  She never lets me down.


  

Borderline is part of her very popular Anna Pigeon series.  The other one, 13½, is a  stand-alone thriller. They both kept me reading late into the night.




For a description and reviews of either book,
click on its image above.

4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for her new one, "The Rope."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucylocket, I didn't realize she had a new one; thanks for letting me know. I'll watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also waiting for the new one!

    I seem to remember reading a scene (I think it was one of the series) where Anna's husband's ashes spilled on the carpet. Am I right? or am I thinking of another series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I don't remember that, but I haven't read every book in the series. Sounds like that would have been a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.