Friday, January 20, 2012

My new flat friend

A special houseguest arrived this past Tuesday afternoon. His name is Flat Stanley, and he was sent here by my eight-year-old grandnephew, Keaton, as part of a school project. It will be my pleasure for the next couple of weeks to show Stanley around the Greater Baton Rouge area, taking photos as we go, so he can go back to Keaton's East Texas classroom and share what he did and what he learned while he was here.

Stanley seems to be a nice boy. I like him a lot and I think we're going to have a good time together. Our weather has been either rainy or very windy since Stanley got here, neither of which condition is good for his health, so we've stayed close to home so far. It's warmer today than it has been, and the sun has come out from time to time, so we took the opportunity to do a little reading outside on the patio. I think Flat Stanley likes good books as much as I do.


I have to say Stanley has been patient and good about finding things to do here at the house, but I'm sure he's looking forward to some of the outdoor adventures we have planned in the next week or so. I know I am.

6 comments:

  1. What a terrific great-aunt you are! I'm sure you and Flat Stanley will have many adventures together as you explore your area. I hope the weather will stay dry and calm for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I hope to see the pics of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great idea! I look forward to hearing about Stanley's adventures.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome companion you have there! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have visitors and hope the Lord gives you an 'easy' ride in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, everybody. Isn't this a clever idea?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.