Wednesday, March 26, 2014

With Apologies to the Artist Once Again Known as Prince

Yesterday's mail delivery included the cane I ordered recently. I'm happy to report that it does relieve the pressure on my bad knee, and its little wrist strap comes in handy after I've taken half a dozen steps, the knee has unlocked, and I don't need it anymore. It's very lightweight, easy to dangle from my arm until I figure out where to park it so it'll be available next time.

The dogs keep sneaking up to sniff it, then backing away quickly, as if it's a stiff snake poised to strike them. I think they'll be more forgiving of it once they realize it's almost as good as the broom for knocking their ball out from under the coffee table.

I have to say it's a pretty little thing. As soon as I opened the box, the music in my head kicked in, and I've been singing ever since: "...I only want to be here laughing with my purple cane. Pur-puh-ul cane, pur-ur-pul caaaane..."

4 comments:

  1. Did you buy a Raspberry Beret to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I'm sorry to say that it didn't even cross my mind--but it should have! I need to get one. And do you think a little red Corvette would be overkill?

      Delete
    2. I want to see you get out of the little red corvette, using your purple cane, without losing the raspberry beret.

      Delete
    3. Unless there's a mighty powerful can opener on the end of that cane, I don't see myself getting out of that Corvette at all.

      Delete

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.