Sunday, November 03, 2013

What I've Been Reading

There were plenty of days in the past two-and-a-half months when I didn't find time to write, but not a single day passed that I didn't manage to carve out at least a little time to read. Reading keeps me grounded. A good story wipes the worries and to-do lists out of my head and allows me to rest for a while in a different time and place. There are usually problems to be solved between the first page and the last, but they aren't my problems.

Because so much time has passed since the last "what-I've-been-reading" post, the newest list of books is a long one. Posting images of all of them would cause this page to take too long to load, so I'll make photo links of my four favorites from this batch, stick to text links for all the others, and leave the one clunker off the list entirely.

For a description and reviews of any of these books,
click on its title or image.


These is My Words (P.S.) by Nancy Turner


http://www.amazon.com/These-My-Words-P-S-ebook/dp/B0015DPXH6/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383509769&sr=1-1&keywords=these+is+my+words+-+nancy+turner


Sarah's Quilt by Nancy Turner


http://www.amazon.com/Sarahs-Quilt-Arizona-Territories-ebook/dp/B003J5UJJ0/ref=sr_1_2_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383509940&sr=1-2


The Star Garden by Nancy Turner




Looking for Jane by Judith Redline Coopey


http://www.amazon.com/Looking-for-Jane-ebook/dp/B00ARP800U/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383510322&sr=1-1&keywords=looking+for+jane


Redfield Farm by Judith Redline Coopey

Waterproof by Judith Redline Coopey

Okatibbee Creek by Lori Crane

An Orphan's Heart by Lori Crane

The Legend of Stuckey's Bridge by Lori Crane

Coming to Rosemont by Barbara Hinske

When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt

When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Clay's Quilt by Silas House

Sweet Song by Terry Persun

Burning Sassafras by Annie Stokes

Just Run by Chris Culver

The Tide of Life by Catherine Cookson

The Dwelling Place by Catherine Cookson

Unseen by Karen Slaughter

W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton

Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs


Just for the record, I'd be delighted to read other books by these authors. Some of them (like Catherine Cookson) have been favorites for a long time. Others I've only discovered recently, but they'll be on my watch list from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments might be the very best thing about blogging. I love it when you care enough to share your thoughts here, so go ahead and say what's on your mind.